Once you have your BMW Cruise Control switch physically installed, you will need to enable your Cruise Control feature in your car through “VO coding”.
Note that the procedure is also applicable to enable “Enhanced Bluetooth” feature or other VO code procedure. The modules that are required to be coded will be different though. For example, “Enhanced Bluetooth” will require HU_ENTRYNAV module only.
1) Start your BMW ENET cable E-Sys coding software for F-series, Click “Read” button and then “Active FA”:
2) Go to “SALAPA-Element” and right click and select “Edit”:
3) Add the value “544,” into the SALAPA-Element and click the save button on the right as highlighted.
4) Click the “save” button to save the file into a XML file with your desired file name.
5) Go to “VCM” section and load the same XML file that you had saved.
6) Right click “calculate FP” and you will see the E-sys software Vehicle Profile generated.
7) Click the “Write FA FP” button once you are satisfied with your settings which will writes into your ECU memory.
8) To enable Cruise Control for F45/F46/F48, you will need to VO code these 4 modules for F45/F46/ F48:
3) KOMBI (or BKOMBI)
9) Go to “Coding” section, click “Read ECU” button on the right and then right click on the above-mentioned modules and select “Code”. This will enable the settings required for your Cruise Control. Note that the engine need not be switched off for this operation to work successfully.
10) Test your Cruise Control switch to ensure that it has been enabled successfully.