Here is the step-by-step instruction on installing Toyota Techstream diagnostic software on Windows 10 64-bit operating system.
Test version: Techstrea V10.20.030
Test cable: XHorse MVCI cable (Xhorse MINI VCI cable with firmware 2.0.4 should work as well)
This manual is made for 64-bit editions of Windows. If you are using 32-bit Windows, then simply replace “PROGRAM FILES (X86)” with “PROGRAM FILES” everywhere you see it in this manual. Your computer will restart during the installation process, so save all your open files and close all unused windows. There is no need to connect your Toyota Techstream diagnostics cable to the PC for now. This manual applies to ALL WINDOWS VERSIONS – simply follow the instructions below.
1. Open the folder with the software on the CD you have received with your cable. Run the file named “MVCI DRIVER FOR TOYOTA”, located inside:
2. Wait for the application to load and select ”Next”:
3. Select “Install”:
4. If you see the following error, select “Finish” to continue – this is something normal and part of the installation process! Otherwise, when you see a successful installation message, select “Finish” to continue.
ATTENTION! If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, please follow the directions below step-by-step. If you are using a 32-bit version of Windows, proceed straight to Step №16!
5. Open the folder “C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)”. Inside it create a new folder named “XHorse Electronics”. If a warning window appears, select “Continue”. Be careful – if the folder isn’t called this way, the drivers may not install successfully!
6. Open the folder with the software on the CD you have received with your cable. Copy the file “MVCI DRIVER FOR TOYOTA TIS X64” and paste it in the newly created folder “C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\XHORSE ELECTRONICS”. If you see the following warning window, again select “Continue”:
8. In the text field in the new windows enter only “C:\Program Files (x86)\XHorse Electronics\” (without the quotes) or simply delete the rest of the text. Remove the checkmark below and select “Extract”. When prompted, confirm the operation with “Continue”:
9. You can now connect your Toyota Techstream diagnostics cable to the computer. Open the start menu, type ‘device’ and from the results choose “Device Manager”:
10. In the tab “UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS” you will find an entry named “USB SERIAL CONVERTER”. Right-click it and select “Update Driver Software…”:
11. Select “Browse my computer for driver software”:
12. In the new window select “Browse”:
14. Select “Next”:
15. When the driver installation completes, you should see the following screen:
16. You can then close all windows. Then find and run the file named “GTS_10.20.030_TME_NDSI”, also located on the CD with the software:
17. Select English language and press “Next”:
18. Select “Next”:
19. Select “I accept the terms of the license agreement” and click on “Next”:
20. You can type something random in the USER NAME and COMPANY NAME fields – this will not affect the way you can use the software later. After filling them, select “Next”:
21. Select “Install” to begin the software installation:
22. When it completes, select “Finish”:
23. Locate the file named “MVCI-X64” on the CD and run it. You will see a warning window, where you have to select “Yes”, and after the process completes, select “OK”. Close all windows and restart your computer!
24. Go back to the CD with the software that you have received and copy the file “MAINMENU.EXE”:
25. Go to the folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\Toyota Diagnostics\Techstream\bin” if you are using 64-bit Windows or to “C:\Program Files\Toyota Diagnostics\Techstream\bin” if you are using a 32-bit Windows
26. Right click somewhere in the free space and select “Paste”.
27. When you are prompted if you agree to replace the file, just select “Yes” or “Replace the file in the destination”
ATTENTION! Disconnect your diagnostics interface from your computer, before you continue!
28. Start the Toyota Techstream software from the desktop shortcut.
29. Open the “Setup” tab above and select “VIM Select”:
30. Choose “Xhorse MVCI” from the drop-down menu:
31. Select “OK” and then close the application completely. You can now connect your diagnostics interface and start using the provided software to its full potential.
33. Or go to the CD and open “serie.txt” file. You can copy the registry key from there.
34. Please note you will have to register it again if you change the region of the software for example if you are working on a Japan or US spec Toyota vehicle.
TOYOTA TECHSTREAM HAS BEEN INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND READY TO USE!