Some BMW INPA K+DCAN USB interface user reported that the INPA cable build with FT232RL chip failed to diagnose K-line BMW. The new BMW INPA K+DCAN INPA Ediabas cable with FT232RQ chip and switch has newly rolled out to solve this issue.
The new BMW INPA Ediabas cable works on BMW with 8 pin and with K-LINE protocol.
Interface USB OBD2 for BMW – INPA/Ediabas – K+DCAN allows full diagnostic of BMW from 1998 to 2008 (all functions as in OMNITEC interface). Build in 2 lines K and D-Can magisterial.
BMW INPA K+CAN Features:
1. Read and delete errors
3. Driver programming
4. Applu coding
– And others…
BMW INPA K+CAN Supports Protocols
* Fast magisterial D-CAN and PT-CAN (500 kbit/s)
* Slow magisterial K-CAN (100 kbit/s)
* Standard BMW protocol (BMW OBD interface).
* E60, E61 od 03/2007
* E83 od 09/2006
* E81, E87 od 03/2007
* E90, E91, E92, E93 od 03/2007
* E70 (new model X5)
* R56 (new model MINI)
PT-CAN, K-CAN – fully switchable speed of magisterial CAN – you can diagnose driver without any car
Protocol “BMW OBD interface” for Older Cars
* From 1995 to 1998 (don’t need K-line).
* From 1998 to 03/2008 (all models)
New INPA cable PCB picture attached: